Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Homemade (KFC) Fried Chicken

My family enjoys a dinner of KFC, but for years I couldn't eat it without feeling very sick afterwards. Something with it I reacted too, and left a bad experience of family takeaways. But with the help of a dear lady in America, we tried making our own. And have found it not only cheaper (which is also good) but easy and yummy. And the best part for me, no being terribly sick afterwards!
We used chicken drumsticks, easy to coat with the flour, egg, breadcrumbs, and lastly seasoning.

Yummy homemade takeaway :)

With homemade banana splits for dessert.
We don't feel like we are missing out not having takeaways. Instead we feel more empowered being able to make our own yummy meals.
So our list of homemade takeaways has grown
  • Pizza
  • Hamburgers
  • Fish and Chips
  • Fried Chicken
  • American Hot Dogs
Will next have to make our own sushi, and mince and cheese pies.
Think it would also be fun to find out the cost difference between buying from the shops or making our own.

3 comments:

  1. Hang on!, you can just post that and not tell me whats in the seasoning!!!

    Looks fantastic - i can't eat KFC either, though in my teens i used to love it,

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chicken looks so yummy!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee Joan cheeky wasn't I, will share I promise.
    Deb sure was very yummy :)

    ReplyDelete