Wednesday, April 18, 2012

More Knitting

Finished knitting my dish cloth and was happy to see that I didn't use a lot of the cotton yarn. So what next?
Then it came to me, a knitted soap saver bag. After seeing a few photos of them I gave it a try, and I'm very happy with the results. Now when we have any leftover soap we can place it in the bag. Then use the bag to wash with.
Dish cloth, and soap saver bag, and still more cotton yarn to use.

Found making this little bag easy to do, and can't wait to use.

See the leftover soap bits inside the bag.
To make the soap saver, I just knitted a dish cloth square. Then using the same cotton yarn, sew the sides together into a bag. Also using the same cotton yarn to make the draw string.
Maybe one day I will make the soap :)
What next to knit?
I do have more cotton yarn left to use, so will make another dish cloth. But I would also like to try knitting some hot water bottle covers, and personalise them for each of my children. With some different yarn of course.

I'm now off to bake some more bread
Yesterdays loaf was yummy, all gone now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment