Thursday, June 7, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Make Lemon Honey (also know as Lemon Curd, Lemon Butter)
This is the Lemon Honey cooking that I made for my mum and dad. My dad is Diabetic, and misses out on alot of goodies I make for mum. But I used his Low GI sugar to make this. At first was worried it wasn't really going to work. 

But the end results were well liked by both my mum and dad. Sorry the photo is not the best.
 After making this Lemon Honey, I just had to make another. So armed with 4 more lemons, and 2 more eggs (thank you dear chickens). Some sugar as well, this time plain white sugar, made some for our family.
Classic Edmond's cook book recipe, cooking in the double boiler.

Finished and setting in the jar before going into the fridge.
Yummy on toast, but also great to have on vanilla cupcakes instead of icing. Or use for the filling in a Lemon Meringue Pie.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds really delicious. I have never heard it referred to as lemon honey before, it must be a New Zealand thing.

    ReplyDelete