Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Helpful Free Plants

One of the things I love about gardening is how it doesn't have to cost alot. Sometimes it's even free :) I have been waiting for Thornless blackberry plants, to fill a spot. And my dad was able to pass on some plants that have started to sprout. They had to be removed from an old garden, and instead of them going into green waste they are blessing our garden.
A little garden that was once a bare fence. Will hopefully be a fruit harvest,

Cute little blackberry sprout.
 Now I'm keeping my eyes open for a Tansy Plant. Reading up on Blackberry plants they are suppose to be great companion plants.
Dad also passed on another free plant. He had brought a Scallopini in a pot, and there was 2 plants. So another plant in our veggie garden.
Scallopini in our veggie garden. Will have to move the chickens soon to start on the next stage of the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment